10/15/2009

Blog Goals 2009/2010

A little less than a year ago, I set some goals for this blog. I'm going to give an update on how I've been doing:

1. Write on my blog often


Well, as long as "often" doesn't mean every day, I think I've been doing fairly well on this one.

2. Put photos on my blog often

This proved difficult. The old blogger post editor sucked when it came to posting photos.


3. Get people to read and check my blog often.
I have increased my readership, but again, what the heck does "often" mean?

So, I think I ended up doing pretty well on all of those goals. Here are my new goals:

1. Post often: i.e. every week on this blog, every week on Jane's blog, and every week on our family blog. I don't know...our family blog is kind of...not as fun to write on as the other two. So we'll see. Maybe I will discontinue that blog.

2. Organize my labels: it's kind of dumb to have labels that only are on one post. I can always just search the blog if I want to find something. Labels are for organization, but as of now, they're not really doing much.

3. Increase my followers to 25 by next year. I know that not everybody uses the google followers thing, but some people do.

4. Increase my feed subscribers to 25 by next year. This will probably be much easier than getting "followers" because people can read feeds in a billion different ways.

5. Comments: Get at least one comment per post. The way to do this is by commenting on other peoples' blogs. So that is what I will do.

6. Post more about my spirituality. In last month's Ensign, there was a huge article about sharing the gospel via blogging. Some of my friends have started separate blogs as places to post stuff about their beliefs. I don't think I want to do this because a. I don't know how many people would read it anyway, and b. I don't want to set up a whole new blog. I'm a picky template chooser. I'd have to burn another feed, which while this is not difficult, it still is just one more thing on the list of things to do....So back to the goal, I think "more" would mean about once/month. That is the goal.

7. Weekly Polls: I really think that polls are cool on blogs. I want to have one about once/week. Maybe it will slow down to once/month, but let's aim high!

8. By this time next year, 4,000 hits!!!!!

9. No complaining posts. Let's face it. Blogs suck as places to complain. People misunderstand what you have to say. You come across as a complete and total jerk.  You can't ever explain yourself as fully as you would like in this forum because it is at worst a one-way medium, and at best a slow two-way medium (when people comment). Writing is a limited form. Plus, complaining is just depressing. Not a good thing to do. That being said, I don't plan on making this blog a fluffy-bunnies-kittens-rainbows place. I just want to avoid gripe-sessions.

10. Monthly Funny Things post. Those will be fun to look at later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!